Yaara's Blog

Just another Edublogs site

Light!

on February 9, 2024

Hello, people today I am going to talk about light we are studying light in our science class. I hope you will find this helpful and see facts you did not know and let’s get into it.

Natural VS Artificial light

Natural and artificial light is different for example artificial light needs a person to light it but natural light lights by it self here lets put this in its spot. Here is sunlight artificial or natural if you said natural you are right that is natural here another one a TV artificial or natural if you said artificial you are right. That is artificial light see they are different my point is right. now I would like to tell you something I new I saw well I did not know that a candle is artificial that I did not know bye.

Emit + Reflect

Objects that emit light are very different then objects that reflect light let me tell you the difference well objects that emit light is an object that make light like sunlight , stars and a candle and object that reflects light takes light from an object that emits light and it reflects it like a tv ,moon ,shoes, water bottle and a table . Here  is something new I learned I did not know that the moon is an object that reflects light let me tell you why it is an object that reflects light the moon reflects light from the sun bye.

Experiment 1 –  how does light travel 

In my first experiment I looked at how light travels. My materials are  paper , torch and clay . My hypothesis was that it will not pass through but I was wrong and right because it passed through but only when I held it up. when the index cards are not in a lined up in a straight row in does not go through and also when it is not the same hight  it also does not go through and that was experiment 1 bye.

Experiment 2 – what makes a good reflector?

Reflection means that it copies light and that light bounces on a table and on to something else . Good reflective material include a table , mirror ,desk .We did an experiment looking at what makes a good reflector and we used a mirror, black paper , white paper and colored paper. The best reflector  was a mirror because we tested it and it reached the ceiling so it is the best reflector. the worst reflector was the black paper it did not reflecte at all so it is the worst reflector bye.

Transparent, Translucent and opaque

Hi let me tell you about transparent, translucent and opaque. Let’s start with transparent you probably have heard this word but let me explain what it means so transparent means see through example is a window is transparent it is see through like you can see clearly that is what transparent  means. Lets move on to translucent it sounds like transparent but it is different so let me tell you what translucent means so it means like a window that has rain on it is not completely see through that is what translucent means. Now let me tell you what opaque means so opaque means not see-through at all like a wall a brick wall or a wooden desk that is what opaque means bye.

Refraction

Hi let me tell you about refraction first let me tell you what refraction means it means bending of light  yep you heard me right  the bending of light yep light can bend in different midiums let me tell you all the midiums air, water, glass we did an experiment  and we put a pencil in water but half was not in the water the part in the water moved to the side and got big but the part on the top was the same as it was and that was cool and we did the same for a coin but when I looked at the side I did not see the coin and that is refraction.